Hello my friends, how have you been? Today we will talk about the difference between let´s and lets.
a) Lets go to cinema
b) Let´s go to cinema
Do you know which one is it correct? If your answer was letter B, very good you are correct. But do you know the difference?
“Lets” is a verb form of “to let,” meaning to allow or permit.
“Let’s” is a contraction of “let+us.”
- The new Yellow Diet lets you eat anything you want, as long as it’s yellow. Tonight for dinner I’m having Funyuns and Twinkies!
- Andy’s mother only lets him watch TV after his homework is finished.
- Let’s go to the movies this weekend. I want to see the sappy one that’s up for an Oscar. (Let us go to the movies.)
- He grumbled, “Let’s hope the baseball game doesn’t get rained out again tomorrow.” (Let us hope.)
- My mom lets me use her car if I fill the tank.
- Let’s go to the mall.
Simple, right? Yes it is simple. Remember to read a lot and talk a lot.